You could be affected by a class action lawsuit against the pharmaceutical company Wyeth regarding the prescription hormone replacement therapy medications Premarin, Prempro, and Premphase.
The Court in charge of this case decided that it should be a class action on behalf of a "Class," or group of people, that could include you. You are included in this case as a Class Member if you:
- Lived in California between January 1995 and January 2003;
- Bought Premarin, Prempro, and/or Premphase in California between January 1995 and January 2003;
- Were exposed to 1) oral or written statements from Wyeth or a healthcare provider, or 2) written statements in publications in which Wyeth advertised or that originated from Wyeth, that:
- Premarin, Prempro, and/or Premphase lowered cardiovascular, Alzheimers, and/or dementia risk; or,
- Premarin, Prempro, and/or Premphase did not increase breast cancer risk;
- And are not claiming any personal injury from using Prempro, Premarin, and/or Premphase.
The lawsuit claims that Wyeth violated California laws by misstating the benefits and/or failing to disclose the risks of Prempro, Premarin, and Premphase purchased in California between January 1995 and January 2003. Wyeth denies that it did anything wrong. The lawyers for the Class will have to prove their claims in Court.
If you would like to stay in the Class, you do not have to do anything now. You will be bound by the Court's orders and will lose any right you may have to sue Wyeth separately over the claims in this case. You may register at the link on the left to be notified if money or benefits are awarded to the Class, and about how to ask for a share.
If you do not want to be a Class Member or to be bound by what the Court does, you need to exclude yourself. If you exclude yourself from the Class, you may or may not be able to later sue Wyeth for the claims being made in this case. To be excluded, you must send a letter by December 19, 2012 to California Hormone Replacement Therapy Class, PO Box 2839, Faribault, MN 55021-8643 that includes your name, address, telephone number, signature, and a request to be excluded from Krueger v. Wyeth, Inc., 03cv2496. If you exclude yourself, you cannot get money or benefits from this lawsuit if any are awarded.
A trial date has not been set. Check this website to be kept informed of a trial date. You will not need to attend the trial unless you choose to do so.